Before you get started on any campaign you NEED a plan!
Whether it’s an election or an issue lobbying campaign, if you do the planning you need to do on the front end, you’ll save yourself a lot of time and headache later. And you’ll increase your chances of being successful.
Remember, “if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail”.
This book is not about “running” a campaign, but how to plan one. It’s about how to lay the groundwork and decide what strategy and tactics to use.
So, where do you start?
This book is written to help you go through a step-by-step process of doing the things you need to do to develop a plan for your campaign.
You get the lessons learned from over 25 years of experience! It’s available for download in PDF format for you to view and/or print from your own computer. (You get both “portrait” and “landscape” style layouts for your convenience)
I’ve worked in campaigns and grassroots politics for over 25 years, and I’ve made sure this book covers what you need to know, but in a way that’s incredibly easy to follow.
Having a plan makes a difference!
Once you’ve got a plan, it’s much easier to know “what’s next” on a day to day basis. It will give you confidence as you go forward because you will have thought things through, and you’ll know “why” it’s better to do things this way or that, not just guess or roll with the flow.
This book breaks campaign planning out into five basic areas:
- Evaluation: How to determine the factors that relate to your objective (how things impact “winning”)
- Research & Targeting: How to analyze your capability of achieving the results you want (based on the research that you do)
- Strategy: How to develop a strategy that maximizes your strengths and their weaknesses
- Tactics & Implementation: How to determine what tactics to use and when
- Regular Review: How to evaluate and review the plan and your progress on a regular basis
You get started simply by following the provided “Planning Checklist” and use it to keep track of things until you’re done. One step at a time.
Isn’t your campaign worth it?
If the campaign is worth RUNNING, then it’s worth PLANNING. You’ll be glad you did it right. This book shows you how! I’m sure you’ll find it useful.